VMCAS does not require you to send your updated Fall transcripts transcripts, however, if your school would like to you to send these transcripts to VMCAS, here are some things you should be aware of:
- The last date that VMCAS can process transcripts for the 2013-2014 cycle is February 1, 2014. As this date is a Saturday, you should plan on getting your transcript to our offices no later than Friday, January 31st.
- The transcripts you sent when you first submitted your application are still available for your schools to access. So if you attended multiple schools, but only have updated coursework from one school, you would only need to resend the transcript with your updated work.
- Just as when you initially sent in your official transcripts, some schools may require you to send your transcripts directly to them.
- Likewise, all Fall transcripts sent to VMCAS must be sent directly from the registrar’s office. Issued to Student transcripts will not be accepted.
- After submission, the coursework section cannot be updated. The only way to communicate your fall grades to your school through the VMCAS application is by sending in your updated transcript.
- Your fall transcript will show up in the status section of your application when it posts to your account. From the date a transcript arrives in our offices it can take up to 7-10 business days to process and post to your application. Please monitor your status section.
- As soon as your transcript posts to your application, all of the schools you submitted to this cycle will be able to view that transcript.
Q: Do I have to include a form?
A: We do still recommend you include the transcript request form if at all possible, as it does allow us to match your transcript a bit more quickly to your application. If you cannot get the form, or have already arranged for your transcript to be sent without it, we will match your transcript to your application manually using the name listed on your transcript. If the transcript you will be sending in is under a different name from the one listed on your VMCAS application, please contact VMCAS Customer Service.
Q: Where do I locate the Transcript Request Form?
Log onto your VMCAS application and click on Institutions Attended in your application checklist:
Next, click on the small orange icon next to the school from which you have an updated transcript. This will pull up the transcript request form.