Transcript Entry

There are THREE types of Transcript Entry that may be required by your NursingCAS programs:

1. Full Transcript Entry- All applicants are required to list EVERY course they have received US/Canadian college credit for that appears on an official transcript:

Full Transcript Entry

If Full Coursework is required by your programs, please read the instructions below:

In order to correctly and effectively calculate your NursingCAS GPAs, you are required to enter all courses completed (If Full Entry is required) at an accredited U.S. or Canadian institution.  This includes courses where was credit was granted through completion of a course in high school (such as Advanced Placement or International Baccalaureate), courses where credit was granted through the completion of  placement exam (CLEP or an departmental exam), courses completed at a community college or courses completed during summer terms.

Applicants are NOT required to report coursework taken at any Colleges or Schools outside the U.S. or Canada.

You must use a personal copy of your transcripts to properly enter your college coursework attempted and earned. Enter courses chronologically, beginning with the oldest transcript to most recent.  Within each term, enter the courses in the order in which they appear on your transcript. Enter each course once from the transcript where it was originally taken, even if the credits transferred to another institution.

Please refer to the back of your official transcript to determine the Term Type (semester, quarter, or trimester). At times, a credit conversion may be necessary (e.g. 1.00 quarter credit = 4 semester hours). Please be sure to make any credit conversions before you submit your application. Please be sure to list all “Withdrawn” courses that may appear on your official transcript.

NursingCAS will verify your self-reported courses against your official transcripts. NursingCAS will return your application to you for corrections or explanation if we identify a significant number of course discrepancies or omissions. If you fail to properly enter all of your courses when you first submit your application or do not make corrections as requested, your application will be delayed in processing and you may jeopardize your chances for admission.

2.Prerequisites Only – Only courses that are required by the program you are applying to are required to be listed, you may list in-progress or planned Prerequisites.

prepreq only

If Prerequisite Only Entry is required, please read below:

Applicants are still required to report each U.S./Canadian Institution reported in their Colleges Attended section but are only required to list Courses in the Transcript Entry section that are required by each NursingCAS program. If you have attended one or more Colleges in which you have not taken any Prerequisite courses, please create a term and a ‘filler’ course in order to express you do not have any Prerequisites taken at that school. For example, the course you may add could have a Prefix of ‘NA’ and the title of the course is suggested to be ‘No Prerequisites Taken’. Please make sure the credits and grades are not applicable as well. If you have any questions about this  instruction, please contact Customer Service.

3.No Transcript Entry- The program does not want you to list any coursework and the Transcript Entry page will state this.

no cw

Adding A Term

First, select the institution for which you would like to add a term.  Next, select the term, year, and academic status.  Any undergraduate level terms completed after you received a Bachelor’s level degree should be classified as “Post-BS/BA Undergraduate.”

Adding Coursework

Enter each course completed in a term under that specific term, completing each required field.

Course Code

Enter the departmental prefix and course number for the course, such as BIOL 100. These must be based off of your transcript from that college or school.

Course Title

Enter the full title of the course based off of your Transcript, such as “Introduction to Biology”.


Enter the department the course was taken under, and select the corresponding answer from the drop down list that appears.  If the subject you are looking for is not on this list, please try typing in another subject area related to this course and select it from the drop down list.  The subject must be chosen from the list provided, please use your best judgement.


Enter the attempted credit value for the course, exactly as it appears on your transcript.


Enter the grade exactly as it appears on your transcript.  The CAS grade will automatically populate based on what you have entered.

Transcript Review

Once you have entered all courses from all U.S. and Canadian institutions attended, you must go through the transcript review process to finalize your coursework section.  You will need to review your coursework from each institution(s) attended.

Repeated Coursework

Specify if you have repeated any coursework.  If yes, you will need to indicate which courses were repeated and mark all attempts at this course as repeated.

AP Exams

Specify if you have course credits fulfilled by Advanced Placement exams, these will need to be listed on your College Transcripts and entered in the appropriate term in which they transferred in. If a term does not appear, please enter the courses into the first semester you attended the College or School.

Additional Tests

Specify if any of your courses listed are fulfilled by tests such as CLEP, Department Exam, Institutional Exam, International Baccalaureate, and the Regents Exam.

Honors Coursework

Specify if you have completed any coursework.  If yes, you will need to indicate which courses were honors level courses.

Study Abroad

Specify if you have completed any coursework under a study abroad program.  If yes, indicate which courses were completed as a part of a study abroad program.  Study abroad coursework should be listed under the U.S. institution that sponsored the program. All courses must be designated as “study abroad.” DO NOT list study abroad coursework under a “Not Listed US/Canadian (Foreign) Institution” or under the name of the foreign institution where you took the courses. A foreign evaluation is not needed for study abroad coursework.