- TRANSCRIPTS ARE REQUIRED to be sent to AACOMAS from all U.S. and English-speaking Canadian institutions you have reported in the “Colleges Attended” section of your application. AACOMAS can NOT process your application without receiving all of your transcripts.
- DO NOT SEND FOREIGN TRANSCRIPTS. CARIBBEAN and FRENCH CANADIAN schools are considered FOREIGN. AACOMAS will NOT accept these documents and they will be destroyed. See the “Foreign and French Canadian Transcripts” section for detailed instructions.
- TRANSCRIPTS MUST BE ORIGINAL. Photocopied, faxed, or electronic transcripts will not be accepted. AACOMAS will accept transcripts electronically from Credentials Solutions Only.
- TRANSCRIPTS MUST BE ADDRESSED TO AACOMAS. Transcripts addressed to you, a DO program, school, or any address other than AACOMAS will not be accepted.
- TRANSCRIPTS MUST BE MAILED BY YOUR REGISTRAR, NOT YOU. NO EXCEPTIONS. If anything is marked on your transcript indicating that it was issued to the student, picked up by you, or mailed to any address other than AACOMAS, your transcript will be rejected and you will have to send a new one. This is a policy of AACOM and is non-negotiable.
IMPORTANT: DO NOT ATTEMPT TO MAIL YOUR TRANSCRIPTS TO AACOMAS YOURSELF IN ONE GIANT ENVELOPE. This renders the transcripts invalid and is an unacceptable method for submitting transcripts to AACOMAS. Transcripts sent to AACOMAS this way will be rejected.
HOW TO SEND A U.S. OR ENGLISH CANADIAN TRANSCRIPT
1. List your schools in the “Colleges Attended” section BEFORE requesting any transcripts. Ensure you have listed your schools correctly as per the Colleges Attended instructions.
2. Click the blue “Download Transcript Request Form” button under each school you have listed and print it out. AACOMAS strongly recommends that you advise your registrar’s office to attach this Transcript Request Form to your official transcript. This form helps AACOMAS properly match your official transcripts to your AACOMAS application. However, this form is NOT REQUIRED. If you cannot use this form, please ensure your transcript has the word “AACOMAS” and your full AACOMAS ID# printed directly on it by the registrar before it is sent.
3. Contact the registrar at EACH institution you attended and request ONE transcript be sent to AACOMAS. You only need to submit ONE transcript from each school which you attended, regardless as to how many programs you are applying to.
4. Provide the registrar with the following items:
- The AACOMAS Transcript Request Form
- Any school-specific forms the registrar requires
- Any transcript fees the registrar charges
- All information the registrar needs to properly identify you in the school’s database
- Any name changes if your name on your AACOMAS application is different
- Your AACOMAS ID#
IMPORTANT: If you are requesting a transcript online, we understand you cannot include the transcript request form. Instead, include the word “AACOMAS ID#” and your FULL AACOMAS ID# when you are typing our address into the field for where you want the company to mail the transcript. This way, your AACOMAS ID# will print onto the transcript as part of the address label and we can match your transcript to your application.
5. Confirm with your school that your transcript has been mailed to AACOMAS and on what date it was sent. Some schools have processing times that vary, and processing your request can take some time, especially near the end of a semester. Some schools may hold your transcript from being sent until the semester is over.
6. Monitor your AACOMAS application’s status menu to ensure your transcript is received. On average, it takes 7-10 business days for your transcript to post to your AACOMAS application from the date it is received. Once it posts, it will be listed on your “Program Status” tab with a date received.
7. If your transcript has not been posted to your application after 10 business days (which do not include weekends or holidays) from the date your school confirmed mailing it, it may need to be resent. Please contact AACOMAS customer service to follow up on your transcript. Confirm the date this transcript was mailed by the school to AACOMAS and have this information available when you contact us.
AACOMAS MAILING ADDRESS:
Send your transcripts to:
AACOMAS Transcript Processing Center
P.O. Box 9137
Watertown, MA 02471
SENDING TRANSCRIPTS ELECTRONICALLY:
AACOMAS WILL ACCEPT TRANSCRIPTS ELECTRONICALLY FROM CREDENTIALS SOLUTIONS ONLY:
To see if your school participates with this service please check this link: https://www.credentials-inc.com/cgi-bin/dvcgitp.pgm?ALUMTROLIAISN
If your school does participate please follow this link for instructions on how to proceed: http://www.transcriptsplus.net/order
Once your transcript has been requested from Credentials Solutions it will take 7-10 business days to post to your application. Utilizing this service will under no circumstance expedite the processing of transcripts. If you do not see your transcript posted to your application within the allotted 10 business days after it was requested please contact Credentials Solutions directly to confirm the order was completed and then follow up with our customer service team.
IMPORTANT: AACOMAS will NOT accept any other form of electronic transcripts other than transcripts sent from Credentials Solutions. If you do not see your school listed on the credentials solutions website above you are required to have your official transcript mailed via paper mail to AACOMAS.
It is the applicant’s responsibility to monitor their application for transcript receipt, even after you have submitted your application. AACOMAS will NOT notify applicants concerning missing transcripts. If it has been longer than 10 business days and your transcript has not been posted, the materials must be resubmitted. You may view the status of your transcripts at any time in the “Program Status” menu.
AACOMAS is not responsible for any materials lost in the mail or for delays caused by the Registrar’s Office. Express or certified mail does not guarantee expedient processing, and sending transcripts express or certified mail does NOT guarantee receipt by AACOMAS.
WHAT COULD DELAY THE POSTING OF MY TRANSCRIPTS?
The following problems can cause delays in processing and should be avoided whenever possible:
- Transcript is not accompanied by a Transcript Request Form.
- Transcript is accompanied by the incorrect Transcript Request Form.
- Transcript is not addressed specifically to “AACOMAS.” We receive mail for over 30 application services; therefore your documents MUST specify you are applying to the AACOMAS service in order to be processed.
- School is not listed on the applicant’s AACOMAS application under “Colleges Attended,” preventing AACOMAS from processing the transcript upon its arrival. AACOMAS cannot attach a transcript to your application unless the school is listed.
- The incorrect school’s name is listed on the applicant’s AACOMAS application under “Colleges Attended.” and therefore AACOMAS cannot attach it until it is corrected.
- Name on transcript cannot be found in the AACOMAS database, either because the applicant’s name has changed, the name is misspelled on the transcript, the name is misspelled on the AACOMAS application, or the applicant has not yet created an AACOMAS account.
WHAT COULD CAUSE AACOMAS TO REJECT MY TRANSCRIPTS?
The following problems can prevent transcripts from being accepted should be avoided whenever possible:
- Transcript is unofficial, marked as student issued, or is addressed to someone other than AACOMAS.
- Transcript is missing pages or has been severely damaged in the mail.
- Document received by AACOMAS is not a transcript.
- Transcript does not belong to the AACOMAS applicant but to another student at the school, oftentimes with the same or a similar name. This often occurs because applicants do not provide enough information to the registrar when requesting the transcript. Please be sure to provide your schools with as much information as possible to allow them to identify your records properly.
Q: Can I print one transcript request form and send it to all the colleges I attended?
A: No. Each institution you have attended has a unique transcript request form which you are to use specifically for that institution. When mailing the transcript matching forms, pay attention to the name of the institution which is printed on each form. Transcripts sent without the appropriate transcript request form may result in the delay of your application.
Q: If I have attended multiple colleges and transfer credit is listed on the transcript of my primary institution, do I still need to send a transcript from each school?
A: YES. You are required to send ONE transcript from each college you have attended regardless of the number of courses you have taken or what your DO program requires.
Q: Should I send my high school transcript?
A: NO. AACOMAS does NOT accept high school transcripts under any circumstances. To report university-level credit earned while a high school student, these courses must be reported under the college or university which awarded you the credit. This includes both Advanced Placement or dual-enrollment credit.
Q: Do I need to send transcripts for planned or in-progress coursework?
A: NO. You are only required to send transcripts covering all of your completed coursework. AACOMAS does NOT require transcripts for coursework labeled as “planned/in-progress.” Please note that when you do complete these courses, updated transcripts can be submitted directly to the schools to which you are applying, or you can use one of our three Academic Update periods to update this information in your AACOMAS application.
Q: Do I also need to send copies of my transcripts to my DO programs?
A: In general, you only need to submit transcripts to AACOMAS. Some DO programs, if you reach a certain point in the admissions process, may request additional transcripts at a later date, while others will not. You should contact the programs directly to determine if they require any additional transcripts.
Q: I have a different name on my transcript than on my application. Will that cause a problem?
A: This can delay the processing of your transcript, but there are steps you should take to minimize any difficulties. FIRST, fill out the “materials under another name” section under “Personal Information.” SECOND, ask your registrar’s office to physically write your current name and AACOMAS ID# on your transcript. FINALLY, include the transcript request form with your transcript. If you have done step one, your former name will print out on this form.
Q: Can I send transcripts which are on file at Interfolio or a career center?
A: NO. All transcripts must be sent to AACOMAS directly from the registrar at each institution you attended.
Q: Why won’t you accept “student issued” transcripts or transcripts which are sealed but mailed by me? They still say “Official Transcript” on them and are sealed from the registrar.
A: As a result of numerous forged transcripts having been received by AACOMAS, AACOMAS is no longer authorized to accept transcripts from any source other than the registrar. If transcripts are marked issued to student, issued to student in a sealed envelope, official transcript issued to student, “Issued To:” or “Send To:” the applicant’s name and address, indicates the transcript was picked up by the applicant, or is addressed to anyone other than AACOMAS it renders the transcript INVALID. This decision was made by the American of Association Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine to prevent further fraudulent activity. AACOMAS can NOT make any exceptions to this rule. If AACOMAS receives a student issued transcript, it will be rejected and AACOMAS will notify you to resend an official copy.
Q: My school won’t issue a transcript to AACOMAS and must use my name. What do I do?
A: AACOMAS can accept transcripts issued to an applicant’s name and address as long as they are accompanied by a letter from the school’s registrar’s office stating their policy for addressing transcripts and confirming that the transcript was mailed by the registrar to AACOMAS directly. The transcript still can not have an “Issued to Student” or “Student Copy” stamp and may not be picked up by the student. Transcripts without this letter will not be accepted.
Q: I have a hold on my school account and cannot request a transcript. What do I do?
A: AACOMAS will NOT process an application which is missing an official transcript due to a hold at the applicant’s former institution. Applicants who have holds on their accounts MUST resolve the matter with the school in question PRIOR to applying, regardless as to the circumstances surrounding the situation. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Q: Transcripts do not exist for me at a particular school. What do I do?
A: If you do not have a transcript for a school you attended, AACOMAS REQUIRES that the school you are missing a transcript for send us a letter from the registrar’s office confirming no transcript exists for you and the reason why. Contact customer service if you have any questions.
Q: My school has closed since I attended. How do I obtain a transcript?
A: When a school closes, they are not permitted to destroy transcripts and those records are usually given to another institution to take care of. A quick Google search of your school’s name and “transcript” will usually tell you where your transcripts are stored and who to request them from. If you cannot determine where these records are, you should contact the State Department of Education in the state which the closed school was located. They may have your records on file there, or tell you where they are located. If the records have been lost, AACOMAS REQUIRES a letter from the State Department of Education in the state the school was located stating that the transcript records no longer exist and why.
Q: Can I e-submit my application before my transcripts are received by AACOMAS?
A: Yes. Once you have successfully filled out your application, you can e-submit it to AACOMAS at any time. However, your application will not be processed until AACOMAS has received all of your official transcripts and your payment.
Q: I sent a transcript with more than one campus on it, but only one campus is showing as received by AACOMAS. What do I do?
A: When we receive multiple campus transcripts, only the first campus is listed until you submit your application. Once you e-submit, all of the campuses should automatically list as received. If this does not occur within 24 hours, please contact AACOMAS Customer Service immediately.
Q: Can my designated programs view the transcripts I send to AACOMAS?
A: YES. The transcripts that you are required to send to AACOMAS are visible electronically to your designated program(s). Please note that upon a program’s request, you may still be asked to send an official transcript directly to the school.
Q: What do I do if my transcript(s) are not received by AACOMAS?
A: It is the applicant’s responsibility to monitor the status of their application and make sure that all materials arrive at AACOMAS for processing. You may monitor the status of your application materials at any time within your application. AACOMAS is not responsible for any materials lost in the mail or for delays caused by the registrar’s office. Express or certified mail does not guarantee expedient processing, nor does sending transcripts express or certified guarantee receipt by AACOMAS.
Q: Can AACOMAS forward my transcripts to me, my schools, or schools not affiliated with AACOMAS?
A: NO. As per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA), AACOMAS may not release transcripts to anyone other than your designated schools, including other schools or the applicant themselves.